How long will I wait for my PTE Academic results?
Most test scores are now returned within just 2 days
During 2018 students, migrants and professionals that sat PTE Academic received their scores in even less time than ever before. In fact, during 2018, 85.7% of PTE Academic test takers received their results within just 2 days.
Why could my score take longer than 2 days?
There are a number of reasons why a score may take over 2 days. These can include:
- Certainty: Our system sometimes flags results for additional review which can take more time. Because PTE Academic is used to make important decisions, it is important that we get your score right every time and this can take extra time.
- Security: Before releasing a score, we need to ensure the person that took the test is who they say. Our biometric security systems identify when a test taker took the test under another name and that will trigger an investigation.
Are there tips for getting a faster score?
Your PTE Academic score will be returned as soon as we have marked it. There are a few things you can do to reduce the chance of delay:
- Never create a duplicate Pearson VUE account as it will slow down the return of your results.
- Make sure you read the Test Taker Handbook that includes all the policies and procedures.
- Follow all instructions carefully when creating your account and booking your test.
- Create your account using a personal email that you check regularly so we can communicate with you directly.
I have not yet received a score. What should I do?
- 5 days or less since your test: You need to wait for an email from us telling you your score is ready to be released. Alternatively, you can log into your account at any time. Learn how to access your score once it’s available.
- Over 5 days since your test: If you have not received your score after 5 days since your test, and we have not contacted you, please contact Pearson customer service team.